Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cue music: Snow, snow, snow, snow

My Facebook and Twitter networks are abuzz with reports of the weather in the Pacific Northwest this week. Friends from Seattle to Portland to Boise are reporting the stuff snowballs are made of causing early release at work, school cancellations and delayed flights. We've had snow for months and dealing with it becomes second nature here. So all the commotion made me want to take my camera for a run around the neighborhood to share what our accumulation looks like this time of year.

Drive safe out there, friends. Oh, and it's minus-10 degrees here today!
 Sometimes I take these stately evergreens for granted. I'll try to be better about that.
Snow berms block sidewalks, houses and impede the width of the road by feet. It actually changes the look of the streets. We almost missed out street turn multiple times after coming back from vacation to more snow. Sad, I know.

We are lucky to have a snow service included in rent, so this little walkway along the house is courtesy those fine folks. My front yard is flush with the walkway, so this best illustrates the snow level here.
 Davin plays in the vacant lot next door.

1 comment:

  1. wow that is crazy! And awesome! I've never seen so much snow in my life!! I guess that is Alaska for ya. We haven't even had one speck of snow in dallas. waaah!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...