Pages

Friday, May 16, 2008

mothers

I went home for Mother's Day. My parents were out gardening when I arrived after four and a half hours (I made extraordinary time) in the car. We cooked, shopped, watched movies and visited. My mom even took the day off work Monday to spend with me.
I gave her these paintings for Christmas. They are my third completed piece of art since I began painting again last summer. I hadn't picked up a paintbrush for a couple years until mid-July when I went on a impuse to a craft store and bough an eisle, some new brushes and a bunch of canvases.

While I was home we bought the frames and I painted those too. They hang on the wall in the "guest room." (My former bedroom.) My Mom cleaned out, painted and redecorated last fall. Everything is lavender and white.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:This is Gabrielle in the Statesman meeting room. She cleans the newsroom about the same hours the copy desk works. Us night editors threw her a surprise baby shower Tuesday. She was surprised and pleased. Her son Alvin is due early June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...