Pages

Monday, May 19, 2008

hello summer

A few random things:
  • It's been in the 90s for the last four days. It seems to have gone from winter to summer overnight, with virtually no springtime. Other than temperature shock, and my plants looking sad I'm loving it.
  • I went running with a friend in the foothills this morning. It was really beautiful -- dry sagebrush-covered hills. I plan to go walking out there sometime soon and take some pictures.
  • My federal tax refund arrived in the mail today, which means my stimulus check is only days away! Just in time for Sasquatch this weekend. Plus I'm going to buy a cruiser bike.
  • I start four-day work weeks tomorrow. The paper has moved to a 37.5 full time work week for all it's employees to avoid further layoffs. I have mixed feeling about this situation. But I will have three-day weekends all the time (Sunday-Tuesday).
  • To make up some of the 6.25% pay of the difference from the fewer hours, I got a part-time job at a clothing store in the mall. I start next week.
  • After almost a year of living here, I finally got my Idaho driver's liscense. It's surprisingly not horrible. And in case you were wondering, range animals have the right-of-way here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...