Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

Where's the pictures?

So last weekend I went to Anchorage for five days. Every time I went somewhere interesting -- I managed to forget my camera. To make it worse, I left my camera cord in the AK, so there won't be any images on my blog until the U.S. Postal service delivers my photographic lifeline.

Regardless, here are some highlights:
  • There are fur shops and stuffed animals everywhere. There even was a stuffed moose, bear and muskox in the mall.
  • I went ice skating in the same rink I first tested the ice as a 5-year-old during my only other excursion to Alaska. The only other thing I can remember about that trip is seeing "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" in the theater.
  • There is a pub called "Darwin's Theory." I like this.
  • The Anchorage Daily News runs stories with headlines such as, Lovelorn muskox gores prized sled dog. Click on the link. I'm not making this up.
  • Beautiful, beautiful mountains.
  • King crab legs.
  • More stuffed animals in the airport.
  • A waiter at Friday's lamented that it was raining and that morning he had worn shorts, because had been "beautiful out." AKA overcast and in the 60s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...