Regardless, here are some highlights:
- There are fur shops and stuffed animals everywhere. There even was a stuffed moose, bear and muskox in the mall.
- I went ice skating in the same rink I first tested the ice as a 5-year-old during my only other excursion to Alaska. The only other thing I can remember about that trip is seeing "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" in the theater.
- There is a pub called "Darwin's Theory." I like this.
- The Anchorage Daily News runs stories with headlines such as, Lovelorn muskox gores prized sled dog. Click on the link. I'm not making this up.
- Beautiful, beautiful mountains.
- King crab legs.
- More stuffed animals in the airport.
- A waiter at Friday's lamented that it was raining and that morning he had worn shorts, because had been "beautiful out." AKA overcast and in the 60s.