Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Fireworks, food and friends

Happy Fourth of July! We celebrated with barbecue chicken (well, a portobello for me), lots of homemade salads including my first mayo-free potato salad (it was delicious), sweets and our friends Tony and Alisa. We watched a movie and played Apples to Apples while waiting for the fireworks at midnight -- which lucky for us, happen to be set off from the ball fields across the street. We get to sit on the balcony and snicker at the hundreds trying to park and camp out on blankets to watch the show. Just don't plan on running out for anything when the America's birthday party is happening across street.
The Fourth is also a special day for Joshua and I because it marks the day we met. I can't believe how the years have flown by, but I also can't image life without my boys. It's also apropos we celebrate with Tony and Alisa since they are to blame for our meeting that Fourth of July in Boise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...